Ever walked into a room and a scent has taken you straight back to a childhood memory?
The sense of smell is closely linked with memory, probably more so than any of our other senses. Those with full olfactory function may be able to think of smells that evoke particular memories; the scent of an orchard in blossom conjuring up recollections of a childhood picnic, for example. This can often happen spontaneously, with a smell acting as a trigger in recalling a long-forgotten event or experience. All this because the olfactory bulb is part of the brain’s limbic system, an area so closely associated with memory and feeling it’s sometimes called the “emotional brain”. When you first smell a new scent, you link it to an event, a person, a thing or even a moment. Your brain forges a link between the smell and a memory — associating the smell of chlorine with summers at the pool or lilies with a garden. When you encounter the smell again, the link is already there, ready to elicit a memory or a mood. Every person may not have same experience with particular scent. This is part of the reason why not everyone likes the same smells.
At Beaches and Mountains Girls Getaways we know just how important scent is. That’s why we take extra measures to make your memories from your stay with us even greater. Here’s what we do and what you can do at home too to make your own space more peaceful and a place of happy scent memory to return to:
- We place diffusers in our houses that are of the more expensive, more effective kind. The cheap ones whilst looking like great value just don’t work as well or last as long, and their scents can be more annoying than delightful at times too. We actually use a different scent for our Blue Mountains houses to that we use at our Mollymook house – because they have different energies and feels.
- At Lavender Majestic the Butler lights candles in the evening to further enhance a sense of scent and relaxation
- In our treatment rooms we use Electric Diffusers to disperse a delicious blend of essential oils into the room.
- We add essential oils to our massage oil for their scent on your skin as well as their effect on your relaxation.
- And finally we use “Divine” Products in our facials that are Certified Organic and loaded with beautiful essential oils and nutrients to nourish and stimulate your skin.
You can do all of this at home too and add a little scent to your life.
This moment of thoughts is brought to you by Beaches and Mountains Girls Getaways.
Product Special :
This product I am about to tell you about has changed my bathrooms forever. Remember that scent you walked in to Lavender Majestic and enjoyed ? That was the “Destress” version – it truly does make you feel relaxed as soon as you enter the room. Be warned : these diffusers are somewhat addictive…..but they do last a long time too!
A Calming Blend of Pure Essential Oils to De-Stress & Relax
iKOU De-Stress blend includes the essential oil benefits of Lemon, Lavender, Geranium, Clementine & Patchouli.
– This blend is designed to leave you feeling relaxed and calm, quietening the mind and promoting peace and quality sleep.
Our Offer :
Terms & Conditions :
Product must be ordered online from our site before 31st January 2018:
Order Here : “Click Here to order now!”
Murchison Hume Products only available while stocks last.