10 FREE Activities to Enjoy on Your Girls Getaway
Going away on a Girls Weekend is a Treat, there is no denying that.
So we’ve come up with some activities you can enjoy on your escape that won’t cost you a cent. Feel free to share them with friends looking to go away – to help them get the best out of their break.
- Go for a walk – Now this can be amazing depending on where you have booked your getaway. If you travel to the South Coast for example the beaches can be so quiet that you get to totally immerse yourself in the peace and tranquility and freedom of being so close to the ocean whilst feeling the sand between your toes. The most important thing is to be “present”. Don’t spend the walk looking at your phone observe your surrounding in detail, literally breathe it in and soak up the sunshine.
- Watch a movie – I’m not talking one at the cinema but one in the comfort of a big squishy lounge, maybe with a snuggle rug and even better some homemade popcorn. Look up a classic on Netflix like Love Actually or Notting Hill ( I may be giving away my love of English movies here) and relive the joy of a great movie that makes you feel good and maybe even makes you cry.
- Go for a wine tasting – Now for some some this may not end up being a free activity but for others it can be. Again the secret is to take in the moment, take time to actually savour the flavours, but also absorb the beautiful surroundings. Cupitts Winery near Mollymook and Dryridge Estate in the Blue Mountains both have the most incredible views – make sure you don’t miss out on seeing them on your Girls Getaway.
- Take photographs – Whilst our phones can make us feel continually connected and unable to get away, they do have the magnificent advantage of them being the camera we take with us everywhere – and they can take a damn good photo too ! Add a free app like Instasize to enhance them and you really can appear very talented. Again the location of your Girls Weekend can make a big difference to the beauty of your photographs. The Blue Mountains offers some amazing material and the South Coast is incredibly picturesque and both can often be completely devoid of people to “photo bomb” your shot. They can also provide a magnificent backdrop to a selfie or group shot
- Swap recipes – we all have our favourites and quickest recipes – they make our life easier and more enjoyable – why not share them with your girlfriends to improve their life too. You could print them in advance of your weekend or maybe create a Google Docs document to share them all on.
- Play a board game. Often venues will provide a few games to keep you amused but it doesn’t take much to throw some in the car too for your weekend away, we all have them in a cupboard somewhere. When was the last time you shared a fun game with friends ? Remember this another activity where you have to be “present” so it enhances your escape.
- Play cards. A good card game can be so much fun, especially when you are away with a group. If you don’t know how to play a game or are looking for inspiration simply refer to this site HERE
- Write a poem/journal/memory/blog/start a book. Getting away from the everyday can be creatively inspiring. Start something you’ve always wanted to write and enjoy the moment of having some time to do that !
- Meditate – again our time when we are not away always feels rushed, full and busy. You are on a weekend away with the girls , take time to breathe, maybe use an app like “Headspace” to keep you focused, doing this at a peaceful lookout in the Blue Mountains or on the Beach at Narrawallee is sheer bliss.
- Finally have a deep and meaningful conversation. Talk about things you never have before, ask each other questions you don’t know about each other, explore and help each other with problems, offer support and encouragement and a “safe” environment for your friends to share. Our friends can provide the greatest of therapy and love and it can be so much more valuable than we realise. A tool such as a “Fuelbox” can be very useful for this to inspire you with questions you have never thought to ask before…to discover more than you ever felt possible and deepen your friendships.
So there you have it – who would have thought you could do so much for nothing.
Wishing you a wonderful break with the girls everyone, enjoy every moment.
With love from Nicky and the team at